Trenton Rowing and Paddling Club (TRPC)
Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk & Photo Release
I, the Undersigned, understand and hereby acknowledge and agree that participation in rowing/paddling/dragon boating involves certain risks and dangers, which include, but are not limited to cold weather and water.
In consideration of my request to engage in rowing/paddling/dragon boating activity, accompanied or unaccompanied (meaning with or without safety/coaching launch), using “club” or private equipment, I assume all risk and release and hold harmless TRPC, its Directors, Officers, Agents, coaches, instructors, employees, volunteers, premises, vessels and affiliated organizations (collectively, the Releases) from any legal or equitable claims and liability for personal injury, death and/or property loss or damage.
I further agree and acknowledge;
- I have read the Policy & Procedures Manual located in the Club House and assume responsibility for routinely examining such manual for changes and/or additions;
- I agree to undergo the safety training outlined by the manual prior to commencing on water activities;
- I acknowledge and confirm I can tread water for 5 minutes;
- I have no known medical conditions that could be exacerbated by participation in Club activities and if such a condition arises I will inform a Club official before undertaking further
- I am familiar with and understand the dangers associated with cold and hot weather and cold water, specifically hypothermia and hyperthermia and how to deal there with these should an accident occur;
- I agree to keep updated regarding special activities and programs ongoing at the Club. Also, to be bound by the rules established by the Club;
- I agree to immediately notify the club Head Coach, or in his/her absence, a club official, of all incidents within my knowledge; also, regarding any obstruction or situations in or on the water and surrounding banks.
- I understand the risk of injury from the activity and equipment utilized in paddle sports and rowing, swimming, and related land or water activities is significant and includes the potential for broken bones, drowning, injuries related to exposure to natural elements, contagions and man-made pollutants, severe injuries to the head, neck, and back, or other bodily injuries that may result in permanent disability or death.
I hereby release and forever discharge the Club, its Directors, Officers, Agents (including coaches) from any injury, death, loss or damage to my person or property howsoever caused, arising out of or in connection with my rowing/paddling/dragon boating, on water or land, notwithstanding that such injury, death, loss or damage to property may have been contributed or occasioned by negligence of Club Directors, Officers or Agents (including coaches) upon behalf of myself, heirs, Executors, Administrators and Assigns.